NEW PROJECT AT MEDIENSIS TECHNICAL COLLEGE
The School of Trust project is a unique process developed and implemented by the Well Being Institute and Mind Education in partnership with Transylvania College. It comes in the support of teachers, parents and students from Romania. Its aim is to transform these schools in communities of trust, contribution, joy and kindness.
Steven Covey -The Seven Habits of Effective People
This project is based on the book written by Steven Covey, entitled The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. These habits are:
1. Be proactive
2. Begin with the end in mind. Have a plan.
3. Put first things first-Work first, then play.
4.Think win-win. Everyone can win.
5. Seek first to understand then to be understood.
7. Sharpen the saw.
The first year of the project
- 2021-2022 was the first year of the project in our school. The first steps were the training lessons organised for all the teachers from Mediensis college.Then it was chosen the team for the School of Trust, formed from 8 teachers. Courses were loaded on the „Scoala Increderii” platform.
- The first year was also dedicated to the disemination of this project among the students. There were some lessons related to the 7 habits.
- The students have also realised the Tree of trust with the seven habits and the emotional bank account.
Webinars with people from many fields of activity
- It was an interesting following of many interesting webinars with people from all over the world. Pschologists, teachers, professors, trainers from Transylvania college. I want to mention some names as - Ruxandra Mercea, Ghise Adrian, Mihai Zoican.
- There were also 29 webinars with international trainers as Paul Brunzell, Fatima Doman, Rich Hanson, Dr. Richard Davidson. (they are authors, speakers, psychologists).
School of trust - second year
Main objectives for the School of trust - the learning of some new courses - Memorable Lessons, The Understanding of the Child.
- Implementation of the project - continues
- Mission of the class for all the grades
- Win win agreements
- One to one parent meeting led by the student
One of the biggest problem of the students class is the class management. We are learning how to deal with the class management. We, the teachers forget that the students are more concentrated on the lessons they like. That involves a better lesson preparation, communication with the students and following the students progress.
Journal of trust
Another issue is the Journal of trust, written by students from different grades. That includes carols, poetry, songs, personal ideas from the students lives.
The knowledge and Understanding of the Child
- Starting from March the teachers are invited to follow a new course on the platform.
- The new for this year includes also visits to Transylvania college and the conference led in Sibiu, which is followed by the conference from Baia Mare.
- As a conclusion, I believe that through education and by working together, we are able to transform education and create the schools of trust. It is up to us as adults to work for our students wellbeing.
- I quote Emerson - That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the nature of the task has changed, but the ability to do has increased.
Thank you very much!
Have a wonderful spring!